4/03/2553

Introduce Yourself Without Telling too Much

Now we are not trying to tell you to lie about who you are or make people think you to be something that you are not. Just don't tell the more personal details of your life. These are better left for later discussions, when your date or relationship partner already has an opinion about you. I highly doubt telling people that you can belch the ABC’s is going to get you a lot of positive responses. 

I have compiled a list of examples of what I'm talking about. You can see the alternatives to what you might have said on your personal internet dating profile, and use them as a guide for how to introduce yourself without telling too much. Notice that we don't lie in these edits.

1. I have 4 children by 4 different dads.

Introduction Without Telling Too Much: I have 4 wonderful children. 

2. I just divorced my 6th wife.

Introduction Without Telling Too Much: I am currently single. I just had a long term relationship end.

3. I don’t have a job.

Introduction Without Telling Too Much: I am currently in the middle of a career change.

4. I don’t have my own car.

Introduction Without Telling Too Much: "I use public transportation. This helps our dependence on foreign oil." or "I bike to work. I'm in a phase where I try to get more exercise."

5. I am over weight.

Introduction Without Telling Too Much: I have recently started a new exercise program.

6. I am online looking because I can’t get a date.

Introduction Without Telling Too Much: I've been in a phase where I have focused on my career, but now I want to focus on my personal life.

7. I am looking for a one night stand.

Introduction Without Telling Too Much: I'm not looking for a serious or long term relationship. I want to have fun with no strings attached.

As you see, you can write your online dating profile without lying, but portraying yourself as a slug. Don't go overboard with your answers and don't get too cute, or it will turn people off. Be truthful. Be positive. Be confident in who you are.

Finally, don't give any more revealing details than you have to. If you've ever had someone walk up to you on the street or at a party and reveal their life story to you, you probably came away thinking the person was a little strange or, at the very least, a little needy. That's how potential dating partners will feel if you tell too much about yourself during an introduction. So remember these four words when considering how to introduce yourself without revealing too much: truth, positivity, brevity and confidence.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: